New Life Church exists to make Christ known by living our faith, loving all people, and leading them to fullness in Him.
People everywhere experiencing ALL THINGS NEW in Christ.
What We Believe
- The scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- There is one true God – revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, man willingly fell to sin-ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation.
- Two ordinances: Water baptism by immersion & holy communion.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- The initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘speaking in tongues.’
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation but is also a progressive, life-long process.
- The church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
- Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement.
- The Blessed Hope (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- The millennial reign of Christ – when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years.
- A final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ.
- New heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.
For a full-text version of the beliefs of the Assemblies of God, click here.